VyBar is a rigid marine noise barrier and vibration damping sheet specifically engineered to combat the challenging combined effects of vibrations, sound transmission and reverberation from marine engines and boat hulls.
A robust aluminium-faced, fire-resistant material which can last up to 20 years, VyBar® is largely unaffected by hydrolysis and has high resistance to deterioration no matter how harsh and humid the marine environment. Heat resistant up to 180° C, VyBar’s unique material construction offers high sound absorption with resilience and compression loading capability.
Use it to line partition walls and bulkheads and in engine rooms and enclosures for effective sound reduction in the critical frequency region of rigid panels such as steel, aluminium and fibreglass.
Marine regulations compliant
Tested and certified to meet marine technical requirements and resolutions, fire rated to international standards
Unlike acoustic foam, VyBar® is resistant to degradation – largely unaffected by vibration, oil, saltwater, humidity and hydrolysis
Guaranteed to perform
10-year guarantee for performance peace-of-mind, Australian-made
High sound absorption, resilience and compression loading capability in one product
Specifically designed for the marine industry, but is also suited to various industrial applications
Available in 10mm or 20mm thickness
- Engine enclosures
- Partition walls
- Plant rooms
- Mechanical services rooms
- CSIRO tested and certified – meets the requirements for low flame spread of a bulkhead, wall and ceiling lining in accordance with IMO Resolution A.653 (16) as amended by resolution MSC 61 (67) as specified by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974.
- In compliance with the essential requirements of the Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU, as amended by 2015/559/EU
- Service temperature -50 to 180C (no direct contact with heat source)
- Standard sheet dimensions VyBar 48F 1200 x 1200 x 10 mm/VyBar 848F 1200 x 1200 x 20 mm
- Fire rated according to AS1530.3
Explore comprehensive marine soundproofing with VyBar. Download the brochure or call Acoustica on 1300 722 825.
Subject to change; Product design specifications, finishes and colours are subject to change without notice and may vary from those shown. Images displayed on website pages are for illustration purposes only.