Workstation® creative medium
Employ greater flexibility in commercial design with Acoustica’s Workstation; a Vertiface® covered polyester panel that combines superior noise absorption with unique finishing options.
Durable and lightweight, Workstation can be used in wide array of commercial applications, including office dividers and partitions, sustainable furniture and as a creative medium for sound absorbing feature pieces. Workstation will help increase privacy in open offices, reduce reverberated sound and assist in controlling background chatter noise; creating a private, comfortable and functioning workplace environment.
With the ability to custom print and cut, the bright and clean colours of Workstation can inspire unique designs and creative solutions where functionality and aesthetics are crucial.
Made from 100% recyclable polyester and manufactured under ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Workstation products contain a minimum of 60% post-consumer recycled material (PET bottle-flake). Completely non-toxic, non-allergenic and non-irritant, Workstation is the safe, low VOC solution to redefining your office environment.
Key Features and Benefits
- Design flexibility with custom cutting and printing
- Excellent acoustic performance
- Available in a range of sophisticated colours with single and double-sided colour options
- Option to have different colours each side of the panel
- Light-weight and easy to handle
- Made from 100% polyester fibre without chemical binders and certified low VOC
- Manufactured using a minimum of 60% post-consumer recycled material
- Highly durable providing long-term stability and performance
- Safe, non-toxic, non-irritant and non-allergenic
- Made in Australia
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Does not contain any Red List chemicals
- Decorative and functional acoustic wallcovering for education, retail and commercial interiors
- Base material for office privacy screens
- Media for creative solutions
- Acoustic pinboard surface for the education and commercial sectors
- Modular room divider for display, privacy and sound absorption
- Free-standing or direct fix acoustic panel
- Workstation is available in a range of sophisticated colours to suit many different environments.
- Refer to the colour guide below (indicative only) or ask us for a sample
Custom Design Options
- Push the limitless design flexibility of Workstation and take your ideas to the next level.
- Combining our specialised custom cutting and printing services with Workstation, you can immortalise your design or logo and create unique brand awareness.
- Product Name Workstation
- Composition 100% Polyester Fibre (PET)
- Panel Dimensions 1205mm x 2410mm (+/– 5mm) (+/–10mm)
- Thickness 6mm 12mm
- Weight 6mm = 1200gsm; 12mm = 2400gsm
- Density 200kg/m3
- Installation Install as Acoustica's recommendations.
- Fastness to Light Workstation is suitable for indoor use only. Custom printed Workstation can be offered with UV resistance on request. Please discuss your requirements with Acoustica. Vertiface® fabric has been tested to the following standard: ISO105-B02-1994 (Grey Scale 1-5) Light Fastness Rating: 3
Acoustic Performance Workstation is specifically designed to reduce and control reverberated (echo) noise in building interiors.
6mm Workstation NRC 0.20; 6mm Workstation (with 25mm air gap) NRC 0.50; 12mm Workstation NRC 0.45; 12mm Workstation (with 25mm air gap) NRC 0.70
Fire Ratings (Conducted on 6mm Workstation)
- ISO 9705: 1993 Classification: Group 1-S Smoke Production Rate: <5.0m2/s As required by NZBC C/VM2
- AS ISO 9705 - 2003 Classification: Group 1 (SMOGRArc): <100m2/s2 As required by BCA C1.10 FI 4974 dated 16th September, 2012
- EN13501-1:2007+A1:2009 B - s1, d2 Report WF 336913 dated 19th March, 2014
- Workstation polyester has been tested by Cetec Pty Ltd (Report: CV080408) for chemical emission and is classified as low VOC. VOC concentration: 0.01 mg/m³
- Polyester fibre when exposed to an atmosphere of 50˚C at 90% relative humidity for four days showed moisture absorption of less than 0.03% by weight. Polyester is not affected by moisture, mould or mildew and will not rot or deteriorate in intended use situations.
- Blot spills from fabric quickly. Wipe with a damp cloth. Avoid rubbing and excessive amounts of water as this will affect the finish. Use carpet or upholstery shampoo as directed. Blot with a clean dry cloth after each application of solution. Custom printed Workstation requires the services of a specialist cleaning company
- Non-woven. No pattern repeat but product has directional grain. Product may vary from samples and batch to batch due to fibre blending and lay-up which is an inherent feature of this product.
- Workstation has been tested for impact resistance to EN13964:2004 and meets the criteria of Class 1A; not adversely affected at impact velocities over 16.5m/s.
- Acoustica is committed to best practice through our ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited Quality and Environmental Management Systems. Workstation products contains a minimum of 60% previously recycled polyester fibre (from PET bottleflake) ensuring comparatively low embodied energy. Off-cuts and manufacturing waste is re-used or recycled wherever possible. Workstation is manufactured from 100% polyester fibres and does not contain formaldehyde binders. Workstation polyester fibres support safer indoor air quality and will not become a potential airborne pollutant.